Yoga answered the many questions I had about life, in a way that nothing else could completely.
Yoga continues to deliver and deepen my life, especially through a tragic situation like paralysis. When you find something that works, you want to share it.
My yoga offerings:
- Yoga Therapy Private
- Yoga Movement and Lifestyle Assessment
- Adaptive Yoga Training
- Mindfulness Teaching, Coaching & Speaking
For 30 years, Yoga’s been both my passion and profession. Along the way, I’ve pioneered the application of this great healing science by:
- Establishing the first yoga studio in Nelson
- Creating one of the first Canadian nationally certified 200 hour teacher training program
- Starting my company Trinity Yoga, which started the original Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Program, and now an Adaptive/Accessible Yoga Training
After founding Trinity Yoga, the company gave life to a comprehensive program specializing in the A.R.T. of living well with accessible yoga – adaptive, restorative and therapeutic. This 45-hour continuing education course for healthcare professionals, caregivers, family members, Yoga teachers and therapists is the authority on accessible Yoga for the physically-challenged, senior and special needs populations.
Throughout my career, my injury and subsequent sabbatical provided opportunity for the integration of my yoga with in-depth study. I have had the good fortune of working with some of the best in the field of yoga, rehabilitation, Somatic Experiencing and manual therapy, including Emilie Conrad, Mark Finch, Judy Russel, Thomas Myers, Rod Stryker, Caroline Myss, Donald Moyer, David Swenson, Ana Forest, Tim Miller, Susan Harper, Mariah Moser, Herta Buller and Nature.